We provide for your children so you can provide for your family.
Every eligible 3- and 4-year-old in Union City can go to FREE
preschool. Eligibility for the “wrap-around services” will be based on
the family’s income. Every child deserves the chance to succeed. The
Union City Board of Education developed a complete program that helps
children get a head start on school and life.
provide early childhood education at 35 community provider facilities.
Pre-K and Kindergarten classes are housed in the many of our schools as
well as in our Eugenio Maria de Hostos Center for Early Childhood Education.
In September 2007, we opened the Eugenio Maria de Hostos Center for
Early Childhood Education. This is part of the Union City Board of
Education’s commitment to expand and enhance the quality of early
childhood education in our City.
Center is a $13 million project funded entirely by the New Jersey
Schools Construction Corp. One of the newest and largest early
childhood centers in the region, it is a 38,000-square-foot facility
which accommodates up to 270 students. The classes are small and each
one has a computer station and its own personal facilities.
- 1,000-square-foot health screening center
- 3,600-square-foot playground area
- 1,500-square-foot kitchen
- 2,800-square-foot multi-purpose room
Eugenio Maria de Hostos Center for
Early Childhood Education
2200 Kennedy Boulevard, Union City, NJ 07087
FREE Early Childhood Education
children when they are very young leads to higher grades, fewer
problems, and better jobs later in life. Breakfast, snack and lunch are
included, FREE, and classes are small: just 15 students with one
certified teacher and one aide. Also included:
- FREE health screenings to stop problems early
- Full checkup with a licensed doctor, including vaccinations, hearing and vision tests and complete health screening
- Any problems or special needs are identified early and taken care of immediately
- FREE parenting and family support
- Parenting classes and answers to your questions
- Referrals and help during any family crisis
- Help getting social services (housing, WIC, free medical services, job assistance)